FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No flights showing.........how far in advance to book - help needed - newbie
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:16 pm
s0479

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by tpfmile
First time award ticket redeemer and wanted to know how far in advance to book the award ticket? We have 300k miles and want to go from SEA to BCN return LIS - SEA in late fall.

We looked online at Delta and the layovers where long and a lot of conections. Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks!
I booked our flights in October of last year for June 1st of this year, thought that was a good idea and in some ways it was. But be prepared for many, many frustrating changes. I think between time changes, plane changes and cancellations my trip has changed at least 8-10 times, some minor changes, some major. Makes it hard to be prepared! I'm relatively new at this (award tickets) but I've been told be prepared for constant changes up to at least 30-45 days out.

I don't know when you were thinking of going but I just looked and they had SEA - BCN flights in late September with stop in ATL and return from LIS in October (stop in CDG).