FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - $30 off Scottevest Trenchcoat for Women
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2012, 9:38 am
MissJoeyDFW

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
No apology needed at all.

I have the Magellan's jacket that can zip down to a vest and prefer it to the Scottevest. Much better fit. I also have a whole series of Magellan's vests purchased over the years. All have been fine but I enjoy trying new things.

I would go for something rain resistant for the UK and Ireland. Magellan has some of this sort and (bonus) a good return policy.

I've also gotten a lot of use from the Megallan's Adventure dress/duster as it is light in weight and can be dressed up a bit.

That said, if you expect to hike in the rain and damp, I would look at Marmot jackets which will keep you dry and have a lot of pockets.
Thanks for the recommendation, rain is certainly in the forecast in Ireland. I will definitely check out the Marmot, I have a rain coat but it only has the typical two side pockets. I am also strongly considering going up to hike a small portion of Hadrian's wall, I have 4 days in UK before my friend arrives. I am there for two weeks and she for 10 days. We are flying into London and out of Dublin, a week in England and a week in Ireland. Our plans involve lots of walking and being outdoors in May.

So excited!