FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:00 am
wilko1

And so the Lloyds TSB saga continues...

Despite telling them I wanted to cancel my application, a card pops through my door last week. Oh well, I've gone through a lot to get it, I may as well use it even with its stingy £1500 limit. So I activate it as required.

First use - declined. And again. Then I get a phone call from Lloyds telling me I must call an 0845 number (at 35ppm from my mobile) to confirm some recent transactions. These are not high value transactions. But as I have JUST activated it, confirming my identity on the call, a little annoying.

Then I call to check I am getting 10x bonus as I see the problems everyone is having. They put me through to Avios, who say it is nothing to do with them, I should contact Lloyds. On (re-)contacting Lloyds, they say it is nothing to do with them, but they will put me through to Avios. AARGH!

Interestingly, a credit for 358 Avios has appeared in my avios account from Lloyds. This must be the amount for the first few transactions. But no sign of the 10x bonus. And I cannot check it on the Lloyds website, as I cannot log in as they haven't sent me my username.

All I can say is I am so glad I do not bank with Lloyds normally. What a mess that would end in...