FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lloyds Avios credit cards
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:15 pm
PanGalactic
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by littlefish
PanG, kind of been dipping in and out of this thread and your saga so apologies for maybe missing the obvious.
Why, precisely, have LLoyds denied you the 10,000 pts set out in their offer which you signed up to (ie. the less good than the 10x offer)? If nothing else you need the exact term(s)they are relying on from them in writing.
it could even be they believe they gave you a bonus on something else recently

I would keep pushing the point, officially, and (assuming they have no case or fail to respond in full faith) then take it to whatever "banking" complaint authority is suggested under the Code.

No need to move accounts at this time.
There's actually 2 sagas ongoing

One with Mrs P's eligibility, as she did infact have a Lloyds (non avios) credit card until very recently which it is unclear if it rules her out for the 10x offer which she signed up to, got accepted for (with a fairly decent credit limit) and received the pin number for today, the card I expect wil be here early next week.

The plan for her is to call them on Monday and ask for it in writing that she is going to get the 10x bonus. If they aren't willing to do that, or if they say she is not eligible, she will cancel under the 14 days cooling off period.

If they do confirm she is going to get the bonus, believe me when I say I will milk it DRY!

Now back to my story, it's only 10,000 Avios, so I'm not going to let myself get more worked up over it than I already have. I'll wait for this manager to call, if they don't call, I'll call again to "remind" them and if they still don't call I will write to them and threaten to open a case with the FSA as well as tell them I am prepared to move my accounts if the matter isn't resolved to my satisfaction.

Not a lot more I can do really

What has annoyed me most about this whole thing is the sheer lack of knowledge/information shown by the call center. I have honestly never experienced such a load of F-wits in all my life. I have absolutely no idea how this bank managed to stay in business all these years.

Oh silly me, I forgot, we and our children (grandchildren too probably) bailed them out in 2008/9

That is how!