FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling to Lima and onto Cuzco. Help!!!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:04 am
PHLyer82

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FJY787
Will be traveling in mid March for 1 week to Peru to see Machu Pichu.
We will be traveling UA in biz SFO - IAH - LIM and return via same route in 1 week.

Q1. As the inbound flight arrives at Lima airport at 1035pm, should we just stay at a paid lounge in domestic side before catching the first TACA flight out to Cuzco the next morning? I don't think the SUMAQ lounge is available for onward domestic flights. Am I correct?

Q2. On the way back to SFO, the return flight out of Lima on UA is very late at 1150 pm, also on biz. I believe there are some early afternoon flights from Cuzco on Taca. Will SUMAQ lounge let us use the lounge for more than 8 hours? I don't even know if we will be able to get boarding pass if we arrive back in Lima so early in the day. Or should be just return from Cuzco one day early and visit Lima city?

We'd like a relaxing trip but at the same time, we are super excited to go to South America for the first time.
Biz on this route currently (unless something changes) are on the old 767 domestic configs. The service and food are decent but the seats are just domestic first class.

1. Not sure about the lounge situation. I normally stay at the Costa Del Sol Hotel connected to the airport, but my flights to PIU are normally a little later in the morning. I am assuming your flights are very early in the morning. Also the hotel is not cheap.

2. You won't be able to check in for the flight until 8 pmish. There is also a EWR flight that leaves from LIM at 10:30 pm so that actually helps or else they probably wouldn't start checking in until 9 pm. It is normally about 3 hours before the flight that checkin begins.