FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, Hawaii [Master Thread]
Old Feb 22, 2012, 6:46 pm
MaineFlyer16

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
I am here right now as a plat. This hotel is an easy LNF target and when using LNF, the location/rate cannot be beat (think high $70sw/o breakfast, high $90s with). My rate included breakfast for two but the FD gave me coupons for all three people in my group. I also got upgraded to a "partial ocean view" room, which is indeed VERY partial (i.e. stretch head around balcony railing to barely see water). Breakfast spread is good, but pricey if paying for it out of pocket. Pool bar is delicious with good drinks and reasonable prices. This hotel is definitely the nicest CY I have been to, and definitely has the feel of a FS hotel. Platinum amenity choices were great, I took the chocolate covered macadamia nuts. The have a luau a few times a week, but I think you can buy the tickets for about $49 in town vs from the hotel for $85. I saw it last night but didn't go; it did look fun though!