FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using SkyMiles with Alaska Airlines
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:39 am
msp2msy

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by mtkeller
There's been some discussion of the fact that a domestic award ticket is limited to two transfers (connections) in each direction, which would equal your six segments.
Good to know it's been mentioned elsewhere. I hadn't seen it nor had I bumped into it before.

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Since the award calendar only checks DL availability, unless (1) MSP-FAI is operating and (2) there are award seats available on it, the award calendar will flake out.
Interesting. I never stumbled onto that flight. Looks like it's mid May to September so it doesn't help me but good to know.

As for the sentence about the award calendar not finding any flights, I understand and chose my wording poorly (and updated my post). I intended to say that a search for a specific date was finding no routes unless constructed via the multi city. I just did about 6 searches further out and did hit some availability but never less than 65k until the MSP-FAI route you mentioned became available.

Pretty frustrating just how much you have to know to produce the ticket...

I'm still hoping that my outbound drops to low for an instant so that I can drop the price and add on the ANC-FAI segment so that I can save my limited AS miles. Unfortunately, it's now trended up to a high ticket so I think I'm stuck with 32.5k DL + 7.5k AS to get it done.