FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to GRR, any advice?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:28 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wizzy
Re: security, last week (Jan 3) the line went almost all the way to the doors again, but today it ended just outside the stanchions, and I was through in less than 15 minutes. It would (will?) be nice if they add a 3rd security lane to B.
On my way to LHR on the 9th, there was the line that ended outside of the stantions. First time I've ever seen that! Luckily this time I had gotten to the airport earlier than I normally do. Because there's never been a line I got in the habit of cutting it close.

When I returned late on the 20th, it was obvious that construction was going on so perhaps they are adding a 3rd security line in B?

Of course given they're funneling everyone through the stoo-pid nude-o-scope who knows how much difference it will actually make. I refuse to go through it, and while I was getting the 'enhanced' pat-down I observed every 2nd person going through the nude-o-scope getting a pat-down as well because they forgot stuff in their pockets, etc. So the timeframe to use the nude-o-scope machine is longer than the regular magno detector.

Cheers.