FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:29 am
Connecta

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
percysmith, I just briefly rushed through a couple sections of the Chartis fine-print. While being open-minded, there are quite a few exclusions in there. Not sure whether Zurich and Amex have the same, but could be worth taking a closer look - if you haven't done that already anyways. It's interesting that there's no cover for single or private room accomodation at hospitals. Generally, I'm surprised by the number of exclusions for medical expenses and evacuation. But maybe your health insurance has worldwide cover the gaps (like private room if needed)?

As for AMEX, I'm surprised by the disclaimer that certain services may not be provided in case of natural disasters etc. (while I understand terrorism & war as usual exclusion). So Fukushima incidents or general Tsunami incidents are excluded from medical evacuation in worst case? However, they make no exlusions on private rooms at hospitals, but would clarify with them to be sure.

Would be interested if fakecd could point to the fine-print of Zurich.

Btw.: Was just thinking - are all travels to the Phlippines still excluded by most insurances because HKG has it still on it's black travel alert?