FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Best Western BRG - price match and $100 BW GC
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:58 pm
NewArrival

Not a 48-hour guarantee. Bad-faith terms.

Beware misleading promotion, disingenuous offer. I submitted a claim online, met the terms fully, still got denied: "The claim has been denied for the following reason: The reservation was booked less than 48 hours from the arrival date."

Which isn't true, because I did book outside 48 hours, and the terms don't require 48 hours before arrival *date*, but 48 hours "before arrival." Arrival is reasonably interpreted to mean check-in time determined by hotel policy on reservation (standard 3pm), and I booked around noon one day for 3pm arrival two days later, same time zone. That's more than 48 hours, which isn't in dispute.

I appealed — but got denied flatly, based on the terms' *intended* language rather than the language itself, according to a supervisor. I got this email: "I have made my supervisor aware of the possible misinterpretation of the wording of the Low Rate Guarantee terms and conditions..."

Great. But still no fulfillment. It's not just the $100 amount that concerns me, but BW's unwillingness to meet its publicized offer as written and promoted. I'm still pursuing resolution, about to appeal to VP of Member Services after supervisors won't respond.