FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ok to have two Same-Day, Overlapping Reservations
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:55 pm
bwhite

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
I had overlapping PNRs a couple of weeks ago. Stayed that way for several weeks. Day before travel I called and CX'd the one that fell through, leaving other intact. I had been UG'd on the one I CX'd, and UG'd on the return only for the one I kept but did manage to get BF UG'd on outbound for the the one I kept.

The 1st had me on the ~9AM departure, the 2nd on a ~10:30 AM departure same day both through ATL but to different destinations. When I called, the agent was very helpful and even offered to fully refund the non-refundable 1st PNR since they were overlapping. Apparently they can do a lot more than they normally let on.

The stupid DL app on my phone kept on sending me updates on the 1st even thought I refreshed my itineraries in it and the 1st was gone. Even days later for the return portion, the app kept me informed of the flights I no longer had. That was very confusing to me as gate changes and delays kept appearing and I had to pay close attention to the details.

Last edited by bwhite; Feb 20, 2012 at 2:12 pm