FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US fleet list for Hertz -- What car might you get?
Old Feb 20, 2012, 8:31 am
CrazyOne

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Originally Posted by dcline414
Buick Regal 4-cyl was classified as a "YF" on the key tag and contract, but showed as "G" on the final receipt. (this one was a 5* "G" rental, also w/ paid sat)
Wish we could sort out this Regal thing once and for all. What's weird is I looked my contract at the time up and down several times and couldn't find any notation at all except for that I reserved and paid for D. (I just found it again the other day, added to shred pile, but maybe I'll look one more time. ) The key tag said YF, of course. Receipt at end said G, although it was the receipt printed from online because I dropped it just after they closed (wasn't due back until the following day). While I think it wouldn't be surprising for some key tags to lag changes in classes, I would expect it more on older cars. The Regal I had was nicely appointed with leather, moonroof, heated seats, etc. As an upgrade from D, I was certainly happy with it. Still, I think it's smaller than most people used to expect for G, especially after years of hulking Grand Marqs.

When the G description said LaCrosse or similar, which is the next size up Buick, having the Regal also be G seemed very odd. Now with G apparently switched to Nissan Maxima or similar, maybe it's not so odd anymore and instead just regular class creep....