FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The US B767-200 [master thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2012, 4:53 am
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by wfdude
I'm on the first flight of the season from PHL-BCN on March 24. It has been listed as an A332 since I booked up until the last day or two, and then it changed to a 767. I've read nothing good about these planes, particularly for long trips. The change messed up our seating arrangements, but I managed to stick my party of four in 5C, 5E, 6C and 6E (three of those are preferred seats and I'm lucky that three of us are preferred right now.) What is the likelihood that the middle seats (5D and 6D) will be filled if I've gotten the four aisle seats covered? Perhaps people will opt for the back of the plane if it's not a full flight? We just want some space to stretch!

I noticed that there are no personal screens , only overhead videos. Bummer. I imagine it will be a pretty dull flight to BCN. Any new updates or thoughts on this aircraft, or the likelihood it would switch back to the A332? Is the B762 really this awful?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts...
Switch-outs are disheartening and while I generally find Y in the A330-200s quite nice with a decent seat, I'm really not sure that there is anything to hope for in the 762s. Under the circumstances, you seem to have done by far the best you can. I am in a somewhat similar fix for a sooner TATL 762 and have been monitoring the middle seat next door. All I can say is what you would expect -- middle seats are filling in slowly if at all. What can happen, at the last minute, is that delays or cancellations in TATL flights elsewhere in the US or *A system can force folks into last minute re-routings, which is why cabins that look pleasantly vacant the day before on a seat map can turn into up-close-and-personal experiences come the day of the flight. BCN being more off the beaten track of the European route system (especially with demise of Spanair), this may be less a threat in your case.

Hang in there. I'm guessing the aircraft downgrade you already caught will prove to be the worst of it, and things will go okay from here !