FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Runs turnarounds / turnabouts / transits:- Experiences please
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:08 am
A_Lee

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
OSL Turnaround on TG

I needed to go to Oslo for a brief business meeting. The client was prepared to book me a ticket from Korea to Norway, but the price for a mostly direct flight was much more than TG via Bangkok, so TG it was, with the added bonus of spending a weekend in Thailand. With only the need for about a four hour meeting, doing a turnaround made more sense to me, being it would give me an extra day in Thailand. If the meeting ended up going overtime though, I'd need to reschedule my return and stay one night in Oslo. I wouldn't mind spending more time in Oslo, but not so much during the peak of winter...would prefer to do that when the weather is nicer.

As expected, I couldn't get my return boarding pass in BKK. From the looks of it, we were the first plane to arrive at OSL, and we had to wait a bit before parking at the gate. The announcement was a bit garbled, but something about we arrived too early and needed to wait until 0600. Shortly after 0600 we deplaned, and breezed right through immigration without any waiting whatsoever.

I met my client as expected and was driven to their office. A very nice and scenic drive from the airport into town during the winter with snow covering everything.

My meeting finished a bit sooner than expected, and my client drove me around the city a bit. I asked him to drop me off at the train station, as I wanted to take the train back and perhaps see a bit different scenery or a slightly different view of the same scenery. Again, a very scenic and peaceful ride to the airport.

Check-in went very quickly. A bit of a queue at security, but nothing major, and then into the SK lounge where I just concentrated on sending out a bunch of emails so didn't really look around much.

All-in-all a very nice turnaround, with no real issues to report. I'll have to make a return someday and spend more time in the city and surrounding area.