FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Programme update: Roll over of Level Miles above level threshold for Elite members
Old Feb 18, 2012, 4:37 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Xandrios
So say I fly 50K miles each year, every year. I will make Gold level but carry over 10K the first year. The second year I fly 50K again, and carry over 20K. The 3rd year I fly 50K again, but since 20K were carried over I'll make Platinum that year. Would that be possible?

Not that this would apply to me, I qualify on segments. On miles I doubt I would even make it to silver.
Yes, that is so. The other consequence is that if you were platinum on 70k and fly less the following year and go down to 60k and drop to gold, then you will at least find it easier to qualify back to Platinum the following year as you will start with the +20k. It means that while the soft landing is preserved, the system is fairer to those who, for whatever reason dropped one level but effectively flew the lower level (as opposed to the required '1 mile') on their downgrade year.