FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are Delta's SkyMiles called SkyPesos?
Old Feb 17, 2012, 6:17 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mooper
Realize it or not, the fact is that domestically - especially for elites - DL offers a better value .
And since elites are not the majority of FF, WSJ was correct in putting DL at the bottom. When making a survey like that its obvious they are looking at the interests of the majority of FF

Skymiles can be *vastly* cheaper to acquire
We have gone over this time and time again, even in this aspect US matches DL, and with redemptions on Star, going with US is a no brainer.

It is the *only* good thing about them? None of the aspects I mentioned above are advantageous? .
To me yes, I have no interest in upgrades, last minute awards might come in handy, so that is the only useful thing to me. I book travel few months in advance and DL absolutely sucks in that regard. It has improved slightly, but its still tops the chart for suckability.

As for last-minute redemptions... when they put in that 3-day rule, my observation (albeit empirical, not scientific) was that their inventory opened up even more..
So now you expect people to think that DL is a great airline because their best chances at an award are 3 days before departure?

With low or no status, I'd go US or UA.
There you go, for a FF who is part of the majority you admit DL is not the best, so now do you understand why DL deserves to be at the bottom?