FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tokyo Disney Land/Sea
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:11 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strategies for minimising wait times?

I know there are a few veterans who knock around this forum who have PLENTY of experience at these parks.
Next month I'm going on my first family trip with papa, grandad and a 2 and a half year old. We will avoid the weekends/holidays.

First question: There's a spike in hotel prices around the 28th March (even more so than the expected peak around the 20th March Bank holiday). Does anyone have any comments on why this might be?

Second question: Maximising Fastpass.
I thought a stratagem might be to head for the Hunny Hunt ride as soon as the doors open and wait in line there whilst MrLapLap goes to the Fastpass machine for Monsters Inc with our entry passes.
Is this feasible? The assumption is that a. MrLapLap won't need to wait much more than 20 minutes to get the FPass, and that b. he will be able to rejoin us in the HHunt queue. Or would it be better if I get the passes as it might be more palatable to those in line at HHunt to allow a 'mommy smash' through a line to reunite with her sprog?

Waiting in line has been an understood part of the experience for me - I've some wonderful memories of spending that time with sweet strangers and adorable families - but I don't think LapInfant will be quite so happy to shuffle around for extended periods (although I know she's going to LOVE the rides, enough to make the queuing worthwhile). I'm keen to reduce her frustration as much as possible.