FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why are Delta's SkyMiles called SkyPesos?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:33 pm
UA Fan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mooper
The FT userbase is likely skewed towards more international preference than the norm, but there's no need to guess what is most common amongst DL customers overall.
You don't think that the reason DL customers are mostly domestic US award redeeming types for this reason? That DL is okay in this aspect?

Thw WSJ is a reputable group, I'm sure they realize that majority of FF would like both domestic and intl awards. They also realize that intl awards represent greater savings and obviously they will consider that more important than domestic. The only good thing about DL is last minute awards. This is to me the only area in which they sort of exceed others. With the recent rule of no changes 3 days prior to departure, even this aspect is not much to talk about.

So it is natural for WSJ to look at carriers from both the domestic and intl award aspects.

Originally Posted by mooper
I hold millions of *A miles that I tend to use for international awards, but for domestic use, I'm increasingly finding Skymiles to be the *best* value - hardly "SkyPesos".
Assume the following:

1. You do not have to make any trips, i.e. all your trips are completely optional /leisure.

2. You travel equally between domestic and intl destinations

3. You have the chance to collect only one airline's miles

Which airline would you choose?

Last edited by UA Fan; Feb 16, 2012 at 8:12 pm