FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master Thread: Kosher Meals
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:06 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by joshwex90
Shalom Catering, company out of Zurich. Same one LX uses. They usually have very good food, though sometimes, small portions. Again, underwhelmed. For this one, I'm not sure if Shalom is to blame or UA, as it didn't look like they were particularly fantastic for the regular meals either.

CO BF has always given me a choice of meals. No such option. Again, this looked like a Y meal with minor adjustments. Everything was plastic. Though the FAs were great on this one - they asked me if I minded them opening the meal to serve it, or if I preferred to open it "as per different interpretations, understandings, or followings of Jewish law." Thought that was quite classy. I allowed them to open it as it wasn't the meat, but rather the tray. Again, photo quality is poor.

Lunch - tray:

This is only slightly more than the regular Y meal. There were 2 pieces of gefilte fish.

Lunch - main:

and

Some sort of chicken in sauce with vegetables and kugel. Was all delicious except the kugel (which was fine, but nothing to write home about). But too small.

Snack:

For a snack, pretty good. They had assorted deli meat. Glad they didn't consider this a meal. Though for an 8 hour flight, it wouldn't hurt to have a 2nd meal service.

Food was all fine, (the cake was great in both lunch and the snack!) but for C, not big enough, and presentation was quite poor.
Also, no kosher wine.
Im speechless UA served a KSML that wasnt KoshAir! I got KoshAir the other week on UA NRT-SIN,SIN-NRT, was suppose to NRT-IAD but I off loaded myself and flew NRT-LAX instead = no meal but well worth it