FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club promotion 2/14-17 (5,000pqm)
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:15 am
thomwithanh

Programs: US (Silver, *A Silver), AA, Starbucks (Gold)
Originally Posted by masonuc
I'm debating this but 95% of the appeal for me is the 5000 PQM. I value the club at almost zero -- I don't understand why anybody ever uses the club except so they can feel "special." The whole concept is a joke to me actually. I could see some benefit if you are delayed, but I think I've had a significant delay about once in the past 2 years. If the DCA club is right in the terminal in the future, I might use it once or twice a year in the rare exception I arrive 30 min+ before boarding. Because otherwise it is not worth it -- by the time you check in, etc. it is time to board. What is the timetable for the new DCA club and where exactly will it be located?
Because of the timing of flights to and from Binghamton (only four a day), I usually have a 2 hour layover in PHL. I also tend to get to my departing airport early, I grew up in Europe where you realistically had to be there and checked in 2 hours ahead of time for TATL flights (we missed multiple flights leaving London because of my father (Platinum on CO) who was used to having Continental hold planes for him in Newark - can't do that under UK law, when the flight closes, it's closed - no exceptions.)

I digress, those reasons make it valuable for me - delays and irropps aside. That said, I can understand why a commuter on the shuttle flights out of DCA may not find it worthwhile.

Last edited by thomwithanh; Feb 16, 2012 at 8:22 am