FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:26 am
AutoSlash
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Well #1 also waives the fee...but so does USAA. As for USAA you just make an account with them, don't have to be in the military or anything, and you don't sign up for their insurance. Completely free... then go to their benefits page and look at rental cars. The only reason I suggest them is because their CDP rates are usually around 40% less than what you would otherwise pay. For instance I'm looking at cars in PWM next weekend... with the Delta CDP it's a $49 base rate for a full-size, while with USAA I'm only paying $24 a day. Combine it with a PC and you get one heck of a deal. They also treat you pretty well... so far my upgrades include a full-size to a Corvette (paid for that but still got it cheap) and a Ford Escape from a standard (free). And remember I'm only 20!

-J.
I need to clear up a misconception here. Just being #1 Gold Club DOES NOT waive the underage fee. OTOH, if you are #1 Gold, and you use the Gold Family CDP (1826991) it will waive it. See here:

*Age 21 - 24
** Waiver of age differential fee and reduced rental rates are only available on rentals using the Gold Family CDP Number. This CDP will automatically be included for new enrollees.

You cannot just be #1 Gold and apply any random CDP and expect the underage fee to be waived. I'm not saying that it's never happened or that Hertz won't typically do it for #1 Gold Club members, but in reality unless the Gold Family CDP is on the rental (or you use an underage waiver PC code or USAA CDP), then you are theoretically on the hook to pay the fee.