FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PC and RQ Registry - Promotion Codes and Rate Codes only
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:43 am
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Smile

Originally Posted by coolfez
Thanks! I didn't know they could do that. I guess that makes sense, because one time I used a voucher to book over the phone and they tacked on the underage fee. Then when I picked up the car, the guy at the counter was like " oh you have a hertz #1 membership" so he took the fee off. I always assumed it was a fluke...

I'll look into the USAA. So I have to open up some sort of account with them to use the benefits? Thanks
Well #1 also waives the fee...but so does USAA. As for USAA you just make an account with them, don't have to be in the military or anything, and you don't sign up for their insurance. Completely free... then go to their benefits page and look at rental cars. The only reason I suggest them is because their CDP rates are usually around 40% less than what you would otherwise pay. For instance I'm looking at cars in PWM next weekend... with the Delta CDP it's a $49 base rate for a full-size, while with USAA I'm only paying $24 a day. Combine it with a PC and you get one heck of a deal. They also treat you pretty well... so far my upgrades include a full-size to a Corvette (paid for that but still got it cheap) and a Ford Escape from a standard (free). And remember I'm only 20!

-J.