FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passports are now not valid for TSA security for domestic flights?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:08 am
InkUnderNails

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scott523
Additional/secondary forms of ID are mentioned in the TSA Contact Center FAQ under Identification (ID).
Q. If I lose my ID during travel, what secondary forms of ID will be accepted?
A. Passengers who do not have a valid photo ID, such as State-issued driver’s license, should bring any ID or documents they have available to assist in verification of identity. Passengers need at least two alternate forms of identification, such as a social security card, birth certificate, marriage license, or credit card. The documents must bear the name of the passenger. Also, one of these documents must bear identification information containing one of the following: date of birth, gender, address, or photo. If TSA can confirm the passenger’s identity, they may enter the secured area, but they could be subject to additional screening. For more information, please review the ID Requirements for Airport Checkpoints.
The entire discussion from the FAQ about secondary ID's is above. The passport is a valid photo ID. Therefore, the remainder of the paragraph does not apply to the situation we are discussing.

For what it is worth, I carry exactly four valid photo ID's when I travel. I present the NEXUS at the TDC and the remainder are locked away. You will take my very valid NEXUS or our conversation will quickly become a three-way conversation in which the new member is your supervisor. I do not tolerate these power games when I perfectly adhere with the TSA requirements and am told I am out of compliance.

Last edited by InkUnderNails; Feb 16, 2012 at 5:11 am Reason: Removed a comment inappropriate for the "Practical" side.