FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1K Buy-Up to F | You win SMI/J. But only this time.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:15 am
tryathlete

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Welcome to the world of TODs!

FYI no M filed for that route, just a B at $789.
My biggest concern-- International Flying with checked bags--- I usually go to the check in counter, had over my passport and take my boarding pass-- no offer of buyups, when I have a waitlisted SWU on an M fare. I watch four open seats in C with three days to go and at time of checkin I am #1 for an UG, then as the secret buyups, not offered to me, go to anyone with who knows how much cash, take these four seats leaving me with my unused SWU and an economy seat.

If my flight does not show NC space, and my UG won't clear, then I am not booking, so from this day forward all of my bookings will be done with an agent who can either confirm me in NC or I'll head over and fly the dAArkside where I always manage to keep that status alive. My Internatiional UG clear nearly 100% on cheap fares, and I have 8 chances instead of 6.

Behavior modification has forced me to stop the W fare lottery nonsense. Shannon if you fix one thing before I leave UA for good, its the lottery with no rebate. We ought to get the fare difference BACK when UG's on W fares do not clear. It would be "fare" play if you ask me. Anything else is unfair, and without any logic other than one-sided greed as visible as the shining sun.