FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passports are now not valid for TSA security for domestic flights?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:09 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chollie
My point exactly. I do not travel with a birth certificate or social security card - that is an invitation to identity theft. I have no marriage certificate. I have never had a credit card with my gender, address, date of birth or photo on it - that would also be an invitation to identity theft.

I do not know anyone who does not have a passport (many Americans don't) who carries a birth certificate, social security card or marriage certificate when they fly. I'm sure there are credit cards out there with photo, but I don't know how common they are. An unscientific poll of my co-workers and family - not one has a credit card with a photo, DOB, gender or address.
I recall hearing that it is substantially less than 5% of US credit cards which include a photo of the person to whom the card was issued and that the peak ratio for photos on US credit cards was in the 1990s. Additional photo ID is not common for most US persons, which is why demands for such often end up being part of a way for government employees and others to harasss people.