FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion: mandatory consultation period in advance of a tabling motion
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:44 pm
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Prospero
I think it is fair to say there was great expectations that the announcements would draw the broad church towards this forum and generate greater discussion but I'm not so sure this is happening at the moment.
And given your scenario I still don't see that happening, as there's not going to be a public announcement that there's a consultant period between already-started discussions & motions. So do you seriously think someone who might not be aware of TB is suddenly going to stumble across it if the timeframe is longer? (I mean that legit, not snarky).

BTW - IMO you do a disservice to those FTers who do participate on TB & in the suggestions/discussions forums before something ever gets to a motion by implying that those who are coming on later would provide more or different input than the mixture of input already gotten, or substantially different.

FWIW - I've found that on TB motions (during my 15 months) that it's rare for TB members to vote straight out of the chute.

Cheers.