FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “Do You Know Who I Am?”: The Definitive Thread of DYKWIA Stories
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:06 am
Buckshot

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Diamond tags are good for you carry on. When the overheads get full, the FAs typically make a greater effort to get your bag in the closet or in a spot on the plane when they see that hunk of metal. They also keep the credit card hawkers away. It is all about balance. I could give a fork what someone thinks about my IQ and social placement, I do care if they make my life easier.

I am also smart enough to know that if one starts to go over the top with it, like say a hat or having tags on all your bags on the plane, you could be perceived as an over the top type, which negates the effectiveness of the tags as far as your interactions with Delta folks.

Also, there are lots of reasons why I am better than most folks on the airplane... especially the ones sitting behind me in Tourist, the Diamond tag is just one of the many reasons why....
I have found the bag tags to useful for just the above noted reason. Also helps to speed past the Sky Priority Lane guard. But tag around the neck??! I don't even know what to say.