FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Riga: which is the best hotel for tourism?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:46 am
hbush

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
I have stayed at all 4 Radisson Blu hotels in Riga, several times each. I can only agree with previous posts that Radisson Blu Elizabete is the best of them, despite usually not being the most expensive one.

This is my letter to Club Carlson Customer Service after recent stay at Radisson Blu Elizabete (OK, certainly not always everything might be so nice...)

================
To: [email protected]

Dear Customer Service,

I would like to thank Carlson system and Radisson Blu Elizabete Hotel in Riga, Latvia for very nice stay there 8 - 9 Feb. 2012.

I have stayed at this hotel several times (usually just overnight) and it always has been OK, therefore I continue to choose Radisson Blu Elizabete when need a hotel in Riga and when there are rooms available for normal price. This was the case also for Feb. 8 - 9, 2012. But this stay was so good that I feel I need to tell you too

At check-in I was clearly recognized as Carlson Gold member, overall attitude was excellent, I got very nice room upgrade. I received also two complimentary wine coupons which could be used in addition to meal in restaurant or with Room service. My room key cards etc. were prepared in advance so the check-in process was very fast. In few minutes I was already in my room, which certainly was very clean, everything was OK. This room had very nice view from the windows to nearby park, though it would be even nicer in the spring or summer - maybe I will come back to see it

Wi-Fi Internet connection worked very well. It was reliable and didn't drop as it sometimes happens in some hotels - not in this one. TV picture quality was excellent, there were lot's of channels available in several languages. TV could be easily seen both sitting at the workplace table and from the bed (in some hotels unfortunately TV is behind your back when sitting at the table, but in this hotel this was OK).

We (me and my wife) used also Room service. Food quality was excellent, and it was served quite fast. The tray itself was so nicely prepared that it looked almost like an artwork! Certainly our wine coupons were also in use and this contributed to overall good feeling. Espresso machine worked very well, we made very nice coffee according to our choices (there were enough capsules with different coffee to choose from).

There were enough amenities in the bathroom, the bath itself was large enough even for me (somehow overweight...). Separate shower cabin was also very convenient and worked OK. Radissons are well known for high quality beds, ours was just as we liked so we slept well. Breakfast was well organized - despite that there was huge tourist group also having breakfast, everyone could easily find free table. Food quality was very good, choice was wide enough, with some local accents as well (e.g. smoked Riga sprats).

What was planned as an ordinary one night stay, turned out very nice and memorable, happy event for me and my wife. Definitely worth to return again to this hotel or maybe some other Radisson.

When I now re-read this letter it seems like - OK, it's just what every good hotel has to deliver - but no, it's quite rare even in some luxury hotels when literally everything is above "just OK". Congratulations!

Best wishes,

Harijs Buss