FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Zurich [ZRH]
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2012, 3:04 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT, dyz1104!

Connecting from the UK to a non-Schengen destination via ZRH is much better since the opening of the new Pier B/D. There's no need to go through passport control or security check, but it could be a long trek from the arrival gate via Skymetro to Pier E. If your flight arrives at a non-gate position you will spend some time on the bus and less time walking! Follow the signs for transfers to E and when you reach the immigration hall bear left and down the escalator to the Skymetro platform.

If your flight from MAN is late and they think you can still make the connection they will probably drive you directly to Pier E.

I was on an evning MAN-ZRH flight last week which arrived in ZRH 43 mins late. Passengers for shorthaul and longhaul flights with scheduled transfer times of 50 and 55 minutes were picked up and driven directly to their flights. I was actually connecting to PEK but decided to travel to ZRH the night before to make sure I did not miss the inaugural flight.