FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How good is the Travelocity credit card? [Originally Mastercard, now Amex]
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:23 pm
BC300

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by bluto
I logged in and noticed that the redemption credit had been finally posted to my account. It took nearly 3 weeks but it finally came.

The annual fee for my card was coincidentally due. Given the redemption headaches, I had no problem calling them and asking them to not charge me the fee. I got a little resistance but I politely persisted and they agreed to not charge the fee this year. Warning: if you attempt this, you have to make sure that the rep does not downgrade your card to the free version with the lower rewards structure. The rep almost switched me to the free no-annual fee card before I realized what she was doing, and told her that I wanted to keep the current card but have them eat the fee. It's admittedly risky that they won't do this fee waiver correctly, especially given the quality of their customer service, but I was assured I would not be downgraded. I am on the old rewards structure (2x on everything) so hopefully it goes right.
Wow! You are playing with fire! Good luck on getting your fee waived AND keeping your current reward structure!!