FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standby / Stand-by on Day Before Ticketed Flight (consolidated)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:00 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by loosecanyn
Hi all,

First time poster, but have recently reached Gold for the first time thanks to all the tips found here...so, thanks!

I am currently scheduled to fly home LAX-JFK on Friday on flight 4. Since my work engagement ends Thursday afternoon, I was going to try to maybe standby for a red-eye on Thursday night. Is this even possible?

AAvailable Seats has plenty of inventory on both flights 10 and 30, but the Gold Desk said I couldn't reserve it ahead of time due to it departing on another date...even though it arrives on the same date of my original travel.

My question is whether it is worth it to check out of my hotel, venture to LAX, and hope my standby clears? What are your thoughts, experts?

Many thanks!
JMC
Welcome to FlyerTalk, loosecanyn!

Your thread has now been merged into the existing thread on this topic and we encourage you to read it from the beginning. As mentioned by brp above, this thread (and lots of other info) can be readily found via our FAQ at the top of the forum, specifically this post:

FAQ: Can I standby for a different flight?

Because of the massive amount of information in the AA forum, we do ask all members to search for existing threads before posting - you may find that your question has already been answered!

We hope that you enjoy your participation in FT!

/Moderator