FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Groupon (Master Thread)
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 2:59 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CarteraCommerce
Please note that during the Dividend Miles Grand Slam another vendor operated the shopping mall and toolbar, not Cartera Commerce.

For questions regarding transactions made on the US Airways Dividend Miles Shopping Mall prior to 11/15/11, please send an email to: [email protected] for missing transactions to be researched and resolved. Unfortunately Cartera does not have any information related to purchases made prior to the launch of the new StoreFront program on 11/15.

Sincerely,
Cartera Commerce
Ummm, actually this statement above is not quite correct....

It appeared at the tail end of the US GC promo, there was a very short time where BOTH the FC mall and the Cartera mall existed and the US GC promo was still going on.

The promo went on til Nov 14, 2011 so any purchase done through that date could count.

I went in and bought an iTune for one more hit:

11/14/2011 12/01/11 DIVIDEND MILES STORE FRONT PURCHASE, ITUNES.COM 1

The above is copy pasted from my US acct and I recall having decided at the last minute to buy one, use the mall, and I found that it was now a Cartera mall!

While I also did see elsewhere in US links and other links (like in forums and blogs) that one could have still possibly used the older FC link to get in to their US mall, this Cartera one had ALREADY started to take affect!

because there were now two malls, I actually did wonder if anything would even post and if there would be any affect on the promo and my hits in my acct.

Also, I asked myself: "Why would the airline or those who run such malls let a big change such as this happen WHEN that major promo was STILL going on?"

Well, I guess I got lucky because the 1 mile did post from the Cartera mall...

Anyway you can clearly see that the Store Front, which is what Cartera calls its US mall, did in fact exist at least as early as the 14th of Nov, and I can tell you that this hit posted and did make another set of credits happen in my US GS promo climb in that US acct.

So it worked out for me here, but even still, the above Cartera rep has it wrong. And he/she has yet to address/contest/correct ANY of the comments I made in my earlier post today.

MM

PS/edit: I could possibly even dig up screen shots of both malls existing but even if I cannot, the point of this is that people who had FAILED mileage issues with end-of-promo purchases could now use my evidence as a way to get Cartera to further research the problem, because it is clear that things did not take affect ONLY as of the 15th. It happened sooner, so try and go back and figure out which mall you actually used, possibly without readily realizing it!

Last edited by Marathon Man; Feb 13, 2012 at 3:58 pm