FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris-Ile Maurice in Affaires: 24 euros
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 9:02 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
According to this article the two people flying with them aren't necessarily family members, just people "close to them", which could mean friends. Also, the "proches" have apparently been given access to a R1 High fare, the very one that AF wants to stop its employees from using.

How utterly tactless and outright stupid. Whilst I am very critical of many of the attitudes prevalent in AF's work force, their comparable laziness and their tyring strikes it is things like this that make me understand why there often is a feeling of frustration, of not being taken seriously, of the "ones at the top" raking it in regardlessly of circumstances. This explains why people get angry, feel excluded, and also explains a certain propensity to go on strike. I sympathize with that frustration (and I get angry about something like this!)

Whilst I think a lot of the debate going on in France about limiting executive pay and about the difference between the lowest and the hightest salary is a lot of Bravo Sierra and rooted primarily in jealousy, I also do believe that there is something like entrepreneurial responsibility which includes leading by example and sharing the pain. That goes even for former executives and directors. PHG was not only a terrible leader of the company in terms of its economic performance but apparently also lacks the necessary tact, social skills and human component of what really makes a leader.

Absolutely despicable

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 13, 2012 at 10:32 am Reason: comment based on nationality removed as per FT TOS