FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat selection (Business Cradle)
View Single Post
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:41 am
yamanote8

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat, AC E35K
Originally Posted by armagebedar
SFO-NRT is operated by the 3-class 77W with very few exceptions. (If you do a search on the ANA site, it will say "77W" and "ANA Business Staggered" for each of NH7 and NH8.) This means that the staggered business class seats will be available. With three travelers, any of the window + middle two seats would be fine, in my opinion.
It did state 77W on the random date I chose, but I compared the seat map to one on SeatGuru and it matched up to the 4-class 777-300ER and did not show Business Staggered under the aircraft designation. "ANA Business" was shown when I clicked into the seat map.

Perhaps it differs by date.

If you are indeed lucky enough to get the Business Staggered seating, then armagebedar's suggestion of the window + two center seats would be fine.

Originally Posted by no654me
Thanks for the quick replies. We are actually traveling at the of April and the web site dose state "77W" so we are looking forward to trying the new staggered seats. MrFlyer's description of 3 separate cabins was very helpful.
Thanks again for your advise^
No problem- hopefully you do indeed get the staggered seating

Originally Posted by sagorion
I am doing NH 7 and NH 8 in May but on the ANA seat map, the mini cabin is designated rows 5 and 6. Does this mean that row 6 has no windows?
I cannot be sure as I don't see a seat map on seatguru that matches up your description, but you can take a look at ANA's Flash seating map and see if there is a red X next to the window seat. If there is a red X then there is either no window or the window is misaligned.