FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:41 am
TheBOSman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Panamajon513
If you aren't going anywhere the rest of the year then why would you care to become EXP?
I was responding to a previous poster who noted that they could fly twice to Asia for 25k and not fly 100k in a year. I said that most people who would fly 25k within 3-4 months AND be targeted by this promo probably fly 100k a year. Personally once I hit EXP I plan to keep going. I've already hit PLT and I now have 24k more flight miles booked, and then the 17k to hit EXP will follow, and probably more after that so I can take advantage of being EXP. Of course, then I want to requalify next year so I'll have to do another 100k, but with domestic comp upgrades and SWUs, it should be a bit easier than getting to EXP from kettle. The goal isn't simply to accumulate status on multiple airlines for me. I've picked one, and once I achieve the status levels I want to keep flying so I can take advantage of that status. It would not make sense for me to hit EXP on AA, then go over to DL (I would never go to UA ) and say "ok make me an elite" and they say "we'll let you challenge for a lower status then you have to fly 125k (or whatever it is) to get the same level as you have at AA". Since I do not travel for business, I'm freely able to choose AA whenever the fares make sense, and simply not fly anyone when they don't.