FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:26 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nmenaker
what room did you book and what was the pricing (feel free to pm) this was Orchid, right?

I was looking during the early-mid may time frame, should be within the same range of discounts of the Kea Lani promos. Rates were okay, to get up to a partial ocean view executive suite, this is the 1100 sq ft ones, separate sitting area, DOORS that separate a big king bed and large dressing area and bathroom. SIDE of the hotel, not on the facing ocean OCEAN front side per se, but I don't really mind it. For rates to book a category partial ocean (300$ a night, CANCELABLE rate) and get upgraded to this room using a suite cert seemed pretty good to me. Didn't really need the breakfast deal, we usually have stuff in the room and head downstairs or out and about.

What did you book and rate for the ocean FRONT rooms. That extra 400 sq ft would be fun, although it's just the two of us at the moment.
PM me.. but the ocean front suite is 1,477 sq ft, and panoramic view of the oceans.. its simply creme de la creme.

I've stayed in the executive suites, and they are pretty sweet as well.. the ocean front suites are insane, as you have a foyer and closet coming in, with a notched vesibule, oversize 1/2 bath, and the ensuite is massive. The best value for suite upgrade certs imo.