View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:08 pm
flyYX

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Originally Posted by davywavy
It's true, it's true - LOL:

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/139132389.html

"Frontier Airlines expert believes we're watching 'slow death of the airline'

How he thinks that will help anyone is beyond me - but perhaps he doesn't want to help?

People tell me that I'm wrong to see a strong anti-Frontier bias in the Milwaukee media, but I haven't seen much change since Republic acquired Midwest and with people like Mr. Rovito and Mr. Sorenson around, who needs enemies?

davy
The MKE flying public isn't ripping Frontier because I think they don't really care anymore. Midwest is gone and they have moved on. The people ripping Frontier is former employees of Midwest and their union. I can't say that I blame them. MKE had a shot at becoming a true third airport solution for Chicago... Unfortunately it had to be low fares and not convenience that would lure patrons from South of the state line. Maybe in 10 years time and an updated Hiawatha line between Chicago and MKE, will we see another opportunity to become a third airport for Chitown. In the meantime Southwest will have opportunity to expand some if they wish at MKE without worry of Frontier trying to match them.