FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HVCAA Promo (targeted) Double Miles/EXP / Executive Platinum for 25,000 base miles
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:29 am
brandenroth1

Programs: AA Plt
Just called AA to clear things up.. transferred around a bit. you are correct. i was told this is essentially a free challenge, target customers are gold members or members who have shown a sharp decline in travel. the agent told me that although my registration was confirmed, even by email, they have to post a special code at the end of the promo to those who qualify to receive the benefits. i told her to keep me registered even though i dont qualify for the targeted promo, she said sure, but it would not be likely that they would mess up and accidentally get the double miles. The registration does not impact any other promotions you may be registered for, and will not void any either.

Originally Posted by demkr
I was able to register for the offer and received the email

Background: I was flying 100-150 or so segments per year. Atleast 125K EQM. Some on deep discount fares, some not.

Last July I switched all my business to United, and only have one remaining rezzie on AA. The only thing I can think of is that its targeted to those who suddenly had a big drop in their revenue pattern.

It's a good strategy to get someone to reconsider their loyalty. The double award miles will be great for my international travel planned in the Spring