FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:09 am
PanGalactic
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by meester69
Well it's not any Golf it's a twin charger with a specific output of over 100bhp/litre.

I have the 2.0 R4 16v engine in my car which is merely turbocharged and it says to put the 99RON in, but I don't, and it's more than fast enough funnily.
On my "other" forum, you would be told to stand in the corner for using 95RON.

I have an R32, one of the last off the line infact. She is the concorde of Golfs, I don't think they will make one like that again in my lifetime thanks to the tree huggers

Here's a picture of her in all her shiny black glory...

http://www.r32oc.com/garage.php?do=u...e_view&id=3843

The numbers you quote are for bhp.
Of course, nothing else matters

Bottom line is this: the premium fuel will 100% certainly take more money out of your pockets but whether it's saving you any fuel (it won't save you any money, that's for sure!) or making your car perform any better is something of a mystery.
That is like saying, next time you fly somewhere, don't bother paying for a CE or F, Y will still get you there

Unfortunately for Shell, the Tesco premium fuel is rated higher than theirs....
Finally, we agree on something! Momentum is better than V-power

So none of this really makes the Shell Drivers Club much cop, considering Tesco fuel is just as good, and most importantly (and relevantly!), Tesco fuel earns more Avios!
The point is there is a 4 x 2,000 bonus going on, I can't be bothered to do the maths right now, but it's a pretty strong bonus for a relatively small spend/inconvenience.