FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's not to like? Wonderful all around experice...Thank you EK!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 1:52 am
Armchair Flyer

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
I'll second that!

I've just flown for the first time with EK, J all round, out GVA-DXB-SYD, then back MNL-DXB-GVA. Apart from being told on check in at GVA that I was on standby for the leg DXB-SYD with a confirmed booking, which left me pretty miffed (eventually got a seat but what a hassle), I have to say that the flying experience was absolutely first rate, lounge in DXB superb, and despite the standby hiccup (next time I'll doubly ensure I have a confirmed seat and not just a confirmed flight with seat allocated at check in) I'll certainly be using EK again.

Before anyone posts a negative thread about EK I'd suggest that they go suffer the mediocrity of a long haul or three with AF or if you really want to suffer a good old fashioned dose of masochism, BA so that they have something to compare against. Only then will you appreciate the all round significant extra bang for your buck that EK gives. For example, do either BA or AF limo you to the airport? Do they have ICE of equal standard? The quality of the food and attentiveness of the CC..........etc, etc..........

Hats off to you all at EK. Having suffered AF and BA for many years I've finally found an airline which makes the effort, with staff that go the extra mile and moreover appreciates me and my business. My EK experience was a breath of fresh air.

Spot on. Thanks

Last edited by Armchair Flyer; Feb 10, 2012 at 2:07 am