FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Definitive "How To Search for Low Tier Business Awards"
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:34 pm
arcticbull

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by gofish79
Wow! Thank you SO much. Just called Delta and they were able to help (I called a different number earlier and they were MUCH less helpful). The exact dates above didn't work, but I was able to get BC from JFK to MNL (through ICN) on the 14th and MNL to ICN on the 27th Economy, ICN to JFK BC on the 27th.

I really appreciate your help - you made our day!!
Glad to help. I hate seeing DL force someone into overpaying for an award itinerary. Welcome to FT by the way! Make sure you share any cool tips and tricks you find with the community too.

In the spirit of teach-a-man-to-fish... Moving forward you're going to want to figure out how to book Delta low-level awards on your own, and DL isn't going to want to help. Thankfully ExpertFlyer (a paid service) will help you find SkyTeam partner award space on Aeroflot, Alaska, China, China Eastern, China Southern, Czech, GOL, Korean and Tarom. They're worth every penny.

For Delta, use the site, but look up the tricks. For Alitalia, KLM, AirFrance, AirEuropa and Vietnam Airlines you should sign up for a FlyingBlue account and use that.

Once you have space confirmed available, try using the multi-city booking engine on Delta's website and enter the city pairs one flight at a time. Remember, not all partners are supported, especially the Eastern ones. If that fails, you can always call in and pay the $25. Booking Delta awards is _hard_ but there are some good values in here for sure.