FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington DC metro..
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:54 am
Gynob001

Programs: Delta-Million miler
I was not complaining but was only expressing what I saw during my recent trip. I took the yellow-red lines from DCA to Bethesda and back and in between I took three side trips, including one on the Orange line.
The mismatched seats were not a complaint but many tourists were pointing to that; that's why I mentioned it.
I do like public transport (DC metro in particular) and my comments were mostly-what went wrong-why is it this shape-sentiment. I paid about $4.55 per trip during peak hour and calculated that the distance in terms of miles traveled would be equivalent to 1 to 2 gallons of gas depending on the car. I am a strong believer in mass transit and was in no way suggesting that people should drive.
In three different trips, I saw torn seats (not just one or two seats-many), lose and dirty carpets, massive amount of dirt/dust on doors etc. I have been visiting and using DC Metro for the past 25 years and I felt that there is a decline in the quality. My posting was not to annoy other members.