FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Keeping Capital One cards? [Cancel, Exchange, Retention Offers, all cards]
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:54 pm
Stubtify

Originally Posted by pattermj
So my fee is coming up on my cap venture card and from what I hear they really don't give out a bonus to make up for the annual fee. I am considering switching over to the cash card but I would like to make it as profitable as possible. I see on their website they are offering a measly $100 bonus after spending 2500 and I was wondering if anyone else had seen better? And on top of that I am thinking of applying for the cash card, (hopefully getting it), switching my credit limit from the venture to the cash and closing the venture. That way I get the new bonus without having to lose my time or limit with capital one. Any thoughts on this being a valid plan?

thanks
IMHO you'd be wasting a credit pull for $100 if you do this. I just spoke with a Cap1 rep, who told me that he could convert the Venture to a standard VentureOne Card with no annual fee. Just convert over and keep it in a dresser drawer. You could apply for a card that has 50k bonus on signup with that credit pull instead of wasting it on a new Cap1 application for the cash card.