FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Conrad Bali {IDN}
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2012, 2:16 pm
pas70

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
Top notch

Really, really impressed with this hotel, the facilities and even more important, the service and the friendliness of the staff. We were for 10 days so also had a chance to "get to know" some of the staff members, which was nice.

Always attentive, their friendliness appearing genuine as opposed to professional (not meaning to say in any way they were not professional, but I hope you know what I mean).

We were in a special part of the building (the term escapes me), which had its own breakfast area (ground level and terrace), as well as the executive lounge (upstairs w/balconies). The room/suite also came with additional services. I particularly liked what we soon referred to as the "magic basket": All clothes that you put in there appeared clean and nicely folded on the bed a few hours later ;-)

Some things can be a bit pricey. But you pay for quality. And it's never fair to compare a 5* resort with the prices in the local snack hut (although I sometimes prefer the latter to eat with the locals when I travel).

All well organised. As a special example, I had suffered a form of insect bite or something during a stop-over in Seoul. Nothing really serious but part of my arm was very swollen and with signs of infection around the bite. I had sent an email to the hotel just to ask whether there would be a doctor available for an examination should it worsen. Upon arrival (having been picked-up from the airport in a very efficient and friendly manner), I was taken straight to a doctor who had been alerted and was called in to match my time of arrival. Impressive.

As noted, the hotel and everything about it is top notch. The only bad thing about the location is that in order to explore other the parts of the island, you have to drive through Kuta and with the level of traffic, that might take a while... We skipped a couple of planned excursions/trips for that reason because we got tired of the traffic. In other place we've spent the day on the beach and then made those late afternoon / evening trips, but not so much an option here.

People on Bali lovely all around.
There are plans to build a new road (partly over water) to link this part of the island to the airport area without having to go through Kuta. If that happens, the traffic issues will be removed. I wouldn't make that a precondition to return to the Conrad though!