FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time with Korean Air
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2012, 5:31 am
landgraf13

Programs: DL Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by macnivison
I've just booked a Business Class fare with Korean Air, BNE-ICN-JFY-ICN-BNE
ICN-JFY 777-300ER and JFK-ICN A380

I understand that the seats BNE-ICN-BNE will be 'Prestige Plus' and for ICN-JFK-ICN the 'Prestige Sleeper'

What can I expect in the way of lounges at each airport?

Any information much appreciated.
I can't really speak to BNE but ICN has a very large and incredibly nice lounge (recently renovated). It's known for being one of the best (we often rate it here on FT as top 5 in the Sky Team). It's very large, very spacious, very comfortable, has a lot of great food, decent drink selection and space for working. Depending on where you sit in the lounge you may or may not have access to power-outlets. Some are universal and some require adapters so be prepared if you're planning to use a laptop or charge anything. If you're looking to work there are some great seats on the front 'bench' looking out the window or some quieter individual lounge style seats behind them. The round tables are a little more comfortable if you're traveling with others but don't have power outlets. There are also some great shower facilities there if you want to utilize them.

JFK has a decent lounge, but nothing spectacular. Terminal 1 is typically a quiet terminal by JFK standards (not more than a handful of flights leaving at once) so the lounge is shared by a few airlines. It's still pretty nice with a decent amount of snacks and drinks and a good working environment if you're looking for one.

I'm guessing you know a bit already about the Prestige Plus v. Prestige Sleeper seats but if not a quick overview can be found by searching the forum in the recent past. Plus is an almost-flat seat v. the obvious lie flat of the Sleeper seats. I found both very comfortable (and I'm 6'4") but obviously the Sleeper seat is a great product to fly on. There's also a nice on-going post about the A380 which I have to say is an amazing way to fly. You'll love it. Enjoy the trip.