FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JP Miles - Upgrade Redemption (LHR-BOM-LHR)
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:24 am
avm2806

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Keyser
they give this overbooked excuse all the time....just today i was flying from pnq-bom & wanted to upgrade my colleague's ticket....they told me premiere was overbooked so it couldn't be done....at the airport they told me it couldn't be done till boarding time so we waited....they eventually gave the upgrade & it turned out that there were only 2 seats booked in premiere, the remaining 6 were empty....after my colleague got his seat there were still 5 seats that went empty....if this is what they mean by overbooked then i wonder what a light load would be....
there airport staff have become BS experts telling tall tales like this. On a recent DEL-MAA flight, I was lucky though to meet a good supervisor who told me that as a PLAT/CIP I was first on the list for an upgrade and they still had one seat open for sale. At T-44 when check-in was closed the lounge told me I still hadn't been upgraded. I called the PR number and received a called back in a min saying that my new seat was 1A and that they would update my Bpass and take my voucher at the gate and that a loader was on his way to take care of me through boarding.

Guess when 9W works - they remind you why we keep flying them every now and again. As much as I am miffed with them about my 500,000 JP miles that seem impossible to use, on domestic - they are still the most proffessional and miles ahead of the pack IMHO