FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade emails offers FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:11 am
rathin100

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by GigoloArt
I wasn't serious! but you really checked??
I did quite recently because of my long term zero record on EK and my excellent opup record with BA, SWISS, LH and in the past CX (all J to F ) I genuinely wondered if I was on a blacklist. Apparently not in fact I am on some corporate CIP list that gives me some fairly useless lounge access privilege, but I was told that, as Eightblack says,EK has no enforced policy in this area. Management simply could not care less. So opups are done by the duty manager/load controller who can do just what he/she pleases. There is no follow up or analysis of these things unlike (and this is fact not surmise) in the case of BA ( semi public info as based largely on CVV score), LH LX CX (strict elites first policy)

That is in a way even more irritating. But I also know others now who have given up on EK for the same reason (not so much lack of upgrades as

overstuffed J cabins and paid ticket middle seats ) so I know it's not just me.

This used to really Bug me when I was flying exclusively on EK and directing my organizational business their way in the mistaken attempt to build a client relationship. But this is not EKs forte, unlike BA LH etc.

Once one realises this, and flies EK only for price or convenience, sees the Gold Card as a useless thing for elite privileges when in J, one comes to expect an overstuffed J cabin, knows that the lounge will be a zoo with a
shower with water pressure that probably best compares favorably with a Bombay slum, then the focus is on the good things about EK ( AVOD, service and the fact that one is flying EK cos it's cheap and/or fast and from GRU/GIG both are true at least twice a year) then all is well!