FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't back up.
Thread: Can't back up.
View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2012, 4:02 pm
uszkanni

Originally Posted by uszkanni
I'm having a similar problem.

When using IE8 I noticed that it took 2 clicks on the back button to actually go back to the previously visited FT page. I checked the back button's drop down and saw that a link to facebook was being inserted as the previous page. This is not the case when I use Firefox where the back button works as expected.

Not sure how Facebook is getting into the chain of visited sites (I NEVER use FB) and why it's only happening with IE8.

Any thoughts?
Forgot to mention that this behaviour seems to be relatively new. I don't remember having to double click on the back button in the past.

-------
NEW INFO:

Have noticed that various facebook.com URLs are being inserted into the previously visited page list on other sites (eg, Yahoo.com) as well. This can be seen if you go to yahoo.com and select some news story. Then look at the list of URLs associated with the back button. FB crap can be seen. Only seems to happen when using IE (8 in my case, don't know if it also happens with IE9) and not with every website. Wonder if this is (a buggy) attempt by FB to collect info on users web usage. Firefox seems to be immune from this, so I guess that's my new browser.

Last edited by uszkanni; Feb 4, 2012 at 8:59 pm Reason: addl info