FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: US LCC & AMR / AA Takeover / merger Rumors and Discussion (consolidated)
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:01 pm
elitetraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Horton is dead on the mark. I applaud what he said. Everyone who is bagging on him are asking him to be like Arpey. You want a serious leader? There you go. He has said in no uncertain terms "This is what we are going to do, and this is how we are going to do it." For all you people that pine for Crandall, well, that's exactly what he would have said being handed a bankrupt airline.
How is his plan different than Aprey's? It's the same plan with reduced labor costs through Chapter 11. In fact he refers to Arpey in a recent AAmerican Way as "my great friend Gerard Arpey." Seems hardly like somebody who is distancing himself from the AArpey doctrine.

Crandall and Arpey/Horton IMO have little in common at least so far. I do think if Crandall had ever taken AA to Chap 11 he would have gone to a $1 salary - just as a show of solidarity - did Horton do that?

Anyway, nothing very innovative that has come out - no two-tier labor structure, no innovative twists of frequent flier programs, no innovative flying plans, no innovative ancillary revenue strategies, at least so far.