FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tumi vs. Travelpro vs. Briggs & Riley Quality
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:29 pm
thehoax

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by palmetto86
I was joking around, but in a way, I think it is a somewhat accurate description. In the U.S. at least, there is a common airport stereotype that I classify as the "douche" business traveler.

I'm certainly not the first person on FT to talk about this type of airport specimen. You can spot them waiting an hour before a flight standing in the first class boarding line with Blue-Tooth headsets on, suits w/ no ties, first class ticket proudly displayed in shirt pocket, and oftentimes a Tumi bag.

While I don't think I fall into this category of Tumi bag owners, I do feel like many, many of this "type" carry Tumi bags. The bags are expensive, they do look nice, and tacitly say "look at me," so it's easy to understand why the "douche" business traveler is drawn to the brand.
This is an amazingly humorous assessment! I have thought this very thing but never publicly shared it. Thanks for the chuckle!